Immigration Lawyer Toronto

Complete guide to sponsoring a conjugal partner to Canada

Immigration Lawyer

Complete guide to sponsoring a conjugal partner to Canada

If you have conjugal or married partners in Canada, then you most likely have no idea on how to sponsor them to Canada for immigration. This is due to the fact that immigration to Canada is not as easy as some people make it out to be.

However, by obtaining the assistance of an immigration lawyer from the onset of your engagement with an immigration consultant firm, you will be able to acquire the necessary documents and assistance to make your trip to Canada easy.

It will be of great importance that when you get engaged with an immigration consultant firm that you understand that obtaining an immigrant visa for a conjugal partner to Canada is different from obtaining an immigrant visa for family members. A family member visa is one that requires you to follow specific rules and regulations in relation to immigration.

On the other hand, a conjugal partner visa is one that does not need you to follow these guidelines. It is important to note that obtaining a visa for a conjugal partner can be easier said than done.

For example, there are some differences between family and conjugal partner immigration categories. While both may require you to meet certain immigration requirements, there are some differences regarding sponsorship requirements.

As an example, while a parent needs to be a permanent resident of Canada in order to sponsor their child, a common-law partner only needs to ensure they reside in the country for six months or more before beginning the application process for immigration into Canada.

In addition, in order to sponsor their common-law partner, a person must also be a resident of Canada. By obtaining the assistance of an immigration lawyer, you will be able to learn about the difference between each of these immigration types and be able to apply accordingly.

Another way that an immigration lawyer helps you obtain immigration into Canada is by assisting you with your visa application. While it is possible to apply for a visa on your own, it is not always easy to do so and there are many steps to take to ensure your application is approved.

An immigration lawyer can assist you with filling out the application correctly and obtaining the paperwork finished as quickly as possible. If you are unable to obtain an immigrant visa on your own, your immigration lawyer can help you fill out the application and submit it to the right departments within the government in order to increase your chances of being accepted into Canada.

Sponsorship is one of the easiest ways to obtain immigration into Canada, you can check our Immigration Lawyer page. However, it is also one of the most difficult, particularly if you do not have a common law partner or relationship with the person you wish to sponsor.

While there are many sponsors available, you may be able to obtain sponsorship from a relative who is not a Canadian citizen or one who is a resident of Canada but not of another country. In addition, you may be able to obtain sponsorship as a close blood relative or someone who has lived in Canada for a significant period of time. 

Immigrating to Canada can be an emotional time for you and your spouse. As long as you follow the correct procedures and obtain the assistance you need from an immigration lawyer, you will have every advantage over other applicants. Before you begin the process, you should contact an immigration lawyer to discuss your options and give you a complete guide to sponsoring a conjugal partner to Canada.

If you need any help on preparing your application or finding the right resources to expedite your application, your immigration lawyer can provide you with everything you need to achieve your goal.